Jun 18, 2015

Review: Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder




What: "Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder" in 100 Transparent
Where: Walmart
Price: $3.97
Skin type: Oily/Combination Sensitive Skin
Claims: "Up to 5 hrs natural shine control with natural minerals. Helps minimize the appearance of pores." (Rimmel London)

I have been hearing a lot about this powder on Youtube, so I thought I would give it a try. I bought it at Walmart because it was cheaper there than it was at Ulta ($4.99). My first impression is that the plastic container is really flimsy. It honestly feels like it's going to crack in my purse, BUT if the powder turns out to be an amazing #pressedpowdergoals type of deal, then I can look pass that! 
Since this is the type of product that needs to be tested over the course of a day, I will come back and update this blog post every few hour and let you know my thoughts! 

12:00pm - My boyfriend picked this up for me yesterday, so right when he gave it to me today I opened it and tried it out. For reference, I am setting this on top of my MAC Pro Longwear foundation. Although this foundation is suppose to be "pro-longed", I still get really oily while wearing it...which makes this a perfect way to really test out this powder. As far as the pressed powder goes, it was pretty straightforward. I used my E.L.F powder brush (retail $3) and swiped it twice. It instantly mattified my face without looking cakey. 

3:00pm - Just checked out my skin in the mirror and I see that although my skin is not matte anymore, it has a healthy dewy look to it. This is pretty impressive since I usually am oily an hour after using my other pressed powders. Since Rimmel London claims that it will keep the shine under control for 5 hours, I will check in again in two hours...

5:00pm - My t-zone is an oil slick. I had so much hope, but it didn't last the 5 hour claim...at least not for me. 

Overall impression: I am impressed that the powder kept me matte for 2-3 hours. I actually had a nice dewiness to my skin at one point but when the afternoon came around, I was oily again. So, although this isn't HG status for me, it still works pretty well. The price point is crazy good and it's available everywhere. I'll give it 3.5 out 5 stars. 

Have you tried this product? Let me know what you think!

Love, 

Lisa




Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored. I bought this product with my own money. 

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to look up reviews for a good drugstore pressed powder! Great review of this brand, I was thinking about giving it a try :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I was able to help! :)

      Delete