Dec 17, 2014

Wintery Florals





I absolutely love winter fashion but at the end of the year; I always end up with a bunch of summer clothes that are too sheer and/or short to bring into the winter. Because of this, I have learned the art of transitioning my clothes to work with hot and cold weather. For this outfit, I am wearing a flowy chiffon kimono paired with my winter favorites: a bowler hat, boots, and dark jeans. It's all about mixing and matching lightweight clothing with heavier clothing. No matter which way you do it, it'll look cool and balanced.

Moral of the story: There is no reason to retire your summer clothes right when summer ends!

Do any of you have any suggestions for transitioning clothes from summer to winter? I'd love to hear some of your ideas!

 ♥ Lisa

Where to find my outfit: Shirt & Kimono - Nordstroms | Jeans - Gap | Hat - Urban Outfitters

6 comments:

  1. I love this floral kimono! So pretty <3
    Great bowler hat too :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tori! I love floral prints like this one.

      Delete
  3. Here in the Northern Midwest it's a little harder to transition clothing because when it gets cold it gets COLD! The one thing I do regularly is find thick knit tights or leggings that give me a lot more wear out of skirts and dresses. I also like to layer soft, sheer tops with thicker cardigans (and of course a bulky and warm coat!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to experience a REAL cold winter one day! I love your idea of a sheer top paired with a thicker cardigan and bulky jacket.

      Delete