Jul 9, 2013

Amusement Park Fashion Tips

Since it is the summer time, I'm sure a lot of you are about to head out to the beaches and amusement parks. And since I'm about to go to the amusement park next week, I thought I would round up some tips for all of you fashionistas that want to have fun in the scorching hot heat, but still look good while doing it! All of these tips I've learned from experience and my mom (thanks mom!), and they just seem to work for me, so I hope they are helpful for all of you as well!


1. Wear clothes that you can move in! Try sticking to light material/fabric, such as breathable cotton and chiffon because all of the heat, the walking, and the waiting in lines for hours will eventually get to you and you don't want to be wearing jeans and a thick jacket. Everybody wants to have fun, not have a heat stroke.

2. Bring a small handbag/backpack/fannypack. These days, the amusement parks charge for cubbies, even the ones near the roller coasters (ridiculous, I know.), so don't get stuck paying $5 for a cubby for every ride. Bring a small and discreet bag, preferably ones with zippers so that you have the option to carry it on the ride with you. Honestly, when you go to these places, all you really need is some money, sunscreen, and your phone and you'll be set! Remember to bring plastic bags to put your phone in just in case you decide to go on a water ride!

3. Flip-flops, sandals, or sneakers are your best bet at these places! Obviously sneakers will be super hot, but they will be the most comfortable. Flip flops require the least maintenance, but are also the least comfortable. But when in doubt, bring an extra pair of shoes in your bag, to switch out if you're uncomfortable.

4. Wear a bathing suit under your clothes even if you don't plan on swimming. Water rides are really fun, and you want to be prepared if you so happen to go on or get dragged to go on one with your friends. Bathing suits dry up a lot faster than your usual undergarments, so wearing that will save you from feeling uncomfortable.

5. Accessorize- Wear a hat or sunnies, because sunburn is a pain in the butt.

6. Lastly, if it's permitted, bring a bottle of water. This has nothing to do with fashion, but it is important to stay cool. Plus, who wants to pay $5 bucks for a bottle of water? The answer is no one.


I hope these tips help out! Have a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is an EXCELLENT post, and I agree with your tips. I think it's especially important to wear a bikini or swimsuit under your clothes, because you never know what rides you will get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture and great tips for sure ;)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely great tips! I want to go to an amusement park this summer but I have no time :( So sad

    Enter to win a Snoozer Loser pendant!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I had no idea they now charge to use those cubbies! It's been a while since I've been to an amusement park I guess!

    <3Jo
    www.thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete