Jun 8, 2013

Trend Alert: The Minimalist Heel

The Minimalist Heel



Jeffrey Campbell suede shoes / Alexander Wang ankle strap shoes, $700 / Crochet sandals / Ankle strap high heels

Ah, the days of big platform heels and wedges are being replaced this summer for a more simple and refined look, which has been coined the minimalistic/barefoot heel. Don't get me wrong, I like this trend, but you will never see me part from all of my wedges and platforms. They're still my all time favorites, no matter what season it is. But with that said, I have been seeing these heels all over the internet lately! I like how they made my feet look small and it goes well with my outfits. I tend to go for simplicity with my style, so this look totally fits right in. One negative thing I will say about these heels is the comfortability level. They hurt if you wear them for more than 1 hours. We've been so spoiled by wedges and platforms (in my opinion: the most comfortable heel EVER), so wearing these minimalist heels will take a bit of getting use to.

What do you girls think of the trend? Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you - I absolutely love the look of these heels and they are perfect for outfits but completely impractical! I'd probably give up in these after about 15 minutes...thin heels + few straps = disaster in the making!

    Love the pictures you've picked!

    Yinyin xx
    YinyinLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the minimalist heel look, but they're soo uncomfortable! I would never wear them, heh. :p

    Ravishingly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah man, these sandal heels are so gorgeous! I have a couple and you're right...I last for about a few hours, and that's it. But man, if they don't look amazing.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. These heels are the most gorgeous! Wish it was easier to work in them ;)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all of these please! I especially love the color blocked ones
    xL

    Last day to win a $100 Warehouse Shopping Spree!

    ReplyDelete