Oct 4, 2012

Mellow Yellow







Hi everybody,

I thought it would be nice for me to let you guys in on what I've been doing and what I'm up to at the moment. I'm in my senior year of my undergraduate career, so I've been really busy, to say the least. So far it's been an interesting school year for me though. I've been meeting a lot of different people and getting closer to the friends that I've hung out with almost all of my adult life. Classes are intense, but I feel liberated for some reason. I have 3 research papers lined up, and although I should feel overwhelmed, it's actually cool to be conducting real research for the first time (surveys, scholarly articles, the whole she-bang!). I'm so excited, and I think I chose some awesome topics to study! Being a Sociology major, I see the world differently. I'm sure all of you Sociology majors out there can relate, and it affects every aspect of my life. Good and bad, but I'll get more into that next time!

But besides that, I'm happy to be able to be posting today! I received this simple gorgeous chiffon top from Sugarlips Apparel, and I knew pairing it with black would add the perfect amount of chic. Mustard yellow is one of my FAVORITE colors to wear, and I'm making an effort to buy more clothes in this color (and oxblood & cobalt which are all the rage right now!). 

Hope school/work/life is going well for all of you! I love sitting in lecture and catching up on all of your posts. It makes my day, so don't stop blogging!

Love,
Lisa


Outfit: Top | Sugarlips Apparel, Bag | Vintage, Boots | Myhotshoes, Necklace | Brandy Melville

10 comments:

  1. i love, love, love your top! the button detail on the sleeve really got me. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bag and the color of the top

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're actually enjoying what you're studying! it's a real blessing when that happens. the top is gorgeous btw- the colour pops so nicely against the black :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Senior year is hard. Hang in there. Sociology sounds so interesting.

    Yellow is such a great color. You look beautiful.

    Mom Fitness Journal | Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool what you're doing with school! I bet that sociology major has really impacted your life and worldview. Good luck with the work load - you can do it! :)
    I love this shade of autumnal yellow. Such a great color

    Enter to win a $40 voucher to Lorraine Tyne!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!

    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs..

    http://lookbook.nu/pathymoreira
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your photos and cute boots! you're so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that sugarlips top! very cute and i love the color!

    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that top color really fits you!

    ReplyDelete