Mar 5, 2012

Inspirations: Collars, Studs, and Everything in Between










These are just random photos I found on Tumblr. I always find a lot of interesting things on that website. But most importantly, I give that website a lot of credit for a lot of my inspiration. It's just an amazing abundance of collective thoughts from all over the world. I feel like I learn so much about people just from being on Tumblr and Blogger. By looking at the photos I just posted, can you see a theme developing? I have this ongoing obsession with anything black and gold....oh yeah and collars. I guess I always have loved collars, but now I'm seeing a whole lot of creative things people are doing with them. People are now adding gold, studs, beads, lace, and a whole multitude of other things to their collars. It makes me want to drive to my nearest craft store, grab everything in their entire embellishment aisle and start getting my creative juices flowing. Ok, I'm over exagerating, but I do want to see what I can whip up with some supplies in hand. The first picture up there is what started it all. I found that photo about a week ago and I loved how gorgeous that simple gold piece made that black shirt just pop! And the other pictures, they're just awesome. Ranging from Alexander Wang's adorable niece to YSL to leopard loafers. I think I'm just in the mood to go shopping.  

Love,
Lisa

21 comments:

  1. That studded denim jacket is so amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures love it !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The YSL blouse is really amazing!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful selection! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh I have so much to say! haha A) In regards to my post leggings will always be a part of my definition of 'Fashion' haha, but I do have a few friends in the high end fashion industry who think otherwise B) Alexander Wang's neice better be a reflection of how my kid dresses if I ever decide to have kids C) THOSE COLLAR DETAILS D) Tumblr is seriously such an amazing inspiration tool, but I do see the faults in it. Sometimes I think Tumblr's impact on the internet subculture is a little too much E) DIYs are the best! you should really get into them. It personalizes your stuff and makes it one of kind!

    kay, I'm done. sorry about that hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha seriously! I said the same thing when I saw A. Wang's niece. She is too chic. On the subject of Tumblr: With any social network, there are pros and cons. Tumblr took off rather quickly, and yeah there are some aspects of that website that I'm not very fond of myself. What I do love are the photos that collect on Tumblr! There's always so many! And lastly, I'm slowly getting into DIYs! I love it. It really gets the creative side out of me!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous collection! That little furry fashionista takes the cake! She's adorbs, if only I could look half as chic all the time!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is really adorable and every time she shows up at a show, she looks so chic! I guess that's how it is when you have a famous designer uncle!

      Delete
  7. great photos. xx

    p.s. I'm having a shoe giveaway if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love the YSL cheetah loafers + studded denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice post! I love the first pic. Is that an add-on accessory? Or attached with the blouse?

    I love all the styles you posted.. and that baby....... when I have babies I want them to look that fabulous lol (doubt it though!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm actually not sure, but it looks like an add on to me! Lol and yes, that infamous baby girl is Alexander Wang's niece. I know, she's just too fabulous! I want my future daughter to dress like her lol.

      Delete
    2. hahaha I will have to look for more photos of her.. lucky little tot :D

      Delete
  10. Lovely Picks.. Everything looks great ..esp the animal print
    Thanks for following me .. I joined u too ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am digging collars too, you should def go to the the craft store and go crazy! I'd love to see what you create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey okay i love this post! that little girl on the top, oh my gosh she is precious!!!! and the third picture from the bottom is amazing, with the lace and socks and boots i loooooove it!!! :) awesome post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that 2nd picture was so cute that I just squealed out loud. way too adorable.

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love every single photo!! Saved it all onto my phone for some daily inspiration :)
    Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved reading this post, every single image is amazing!!
    I love your blog, definitely following!
    Check mine if you like

    http://justdailythings.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete