Feb 28, 2012

DIY: Vintage High Waisted Jean Shorts

Find a nice pair of jeans that you would want to use for this project. My mom gave me a pair of these vintage Guess jeans that she didn't want anymore. These were "low waist" jeans, but they look high waisted to me. 

Lay it down on a flat surface and see how short you will want to cut it. 

Gather up all of your materials: scissors, chalk, and ruler. 

Get ready to measure how much you want to cut, and be sure to mark it with a pen or piece of chalk so you don't mess up!

Depending on how strong your scissors are, you might not have to cut your jeans one layer at a time like I did, but if you do, make sure to mark it, so it will be even with the first layer. 

Roll up the ends and see if it's the length that you want it to be. The best way to be sure of this is to try it on. After that, sew it so that the crease stays put and you're all set!



There you are, your very own DIY high waisted jeans! This is my first DIY tutorial, so I hope you guys enjoyed it and found some helpful tips along the way. 

Love,
Lisa

18 comments:

  1. I need to do this! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, its so easy and you save an old pair of jeans! :)

      -Lisa

      Delete
  2. Love it! I sdhould really try this with some of my old jeans i never wear any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! I should look into recycling my jeans! Thanks for the idea <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect DIY for upcoming spring and summer! I love doing this for the warmer months :)
    I usually go thrift a bright pair of jeans for a couple bucks and then cut it up. So much cheaper than buying new ones!
    Thanks for sharing this DIY.

    http://www.trendyteal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! That's a great money saver tip for the summer!

      -Lisa

      Delete
  5. I love this idea! Definitely going to try this!

    I just started following your blog & I adore it.
    This year I am trying to make my dreams come true.

    follow back, please?
    thank you, much appreciated <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg great idea lol. i totally want to try this! and thank you for your sweet comment :)

    Teeki Oscar's Bag Giveaway on my blog!

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. really nice idea, they looks so cute :) i love guess xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, perfect timing. I was just getting ready to donate some old jeans... hehe.

    Great post!

    coffeebreakcrn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea! looks so easy to do. thanks for sharing

    and also thanks for the follow and leaving a lovely comment :)
    followed u right back of course.

    take care lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i tried this once when i was a teen hahahaha it didn't turn out as cool as yours did. can't remember why LOL thanks for the DIY, mb i'll give it another go hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice idea,they looks cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olá, amei o blog. Visite o meu e se gostar segue!
    Eu retribuirei e seguirei o seu ;)

    www.gleikka.blogspo.com

    beijo com carinho

    ReplyDelete
  13. High waisted guess jeans! Aw yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man! Thanks for this! I will have to do this ASAP. I don't know what I never even thought to do this, haha :) I'll have to thrift up some khaki ones too! I've been having a tough time finding the length for khaki shorts that I want!

    And I laughed so hard at the "low waist" jeans.. lol man, I remember jeans from the 90s, can't believe how much has changed hahaa!

    ReplyDelete