Dec 6, 2011

The [Faux] Fur Trend

Fur has been a staple in fashion history.  (Faux fur that is-say no to animal cruelty!) It has come and gone with the years, and this year it is definitely back in action. I have been seeing more and more fur collars, fur hats, and fur jackets everywhere! In my opinion, I find them to be best worn in moderation, so sticking with one key fur piece at a time is the best way to go about it. My favorite way to wear fur at the moment is by wearing a trench coat, pea coat, or a cape and pairing it with a fur collar. My fashion taste is very simplistic, therefore I like to just add a small hint of things to clothes that  I already like to regularly wear.

Here are some amazing ways I have seen them being worn:

This is a small collage that I found from Aritzia that shows the fur collar that I mentioned earlier. Ashley Olsen pairs it with a long trench coat and dress pants. I think this is the perfect way to incorporate fur, especially if you're new to the trend and want to try it out. 

I am also in love with this fur vest. This specific one is from Urban Outfitters and it is by Ecote. I think this fur vest spices up any plain outfit! Imagine: Most of our plain outfits consist of a shirt, leggings, or jeans. Now imagine wearing this fur vest on top of that. Instant chic? YES. This may take a little more boldness to pull off, but I think every person should step out of their comfort zone sometimes and try something they would never think about wearing. 

Lastly, I have a picture of Kasia Gorol from Lookbook.nu. She is wearing this amazing fur coat that she bought second hand! Can you believe her luck? This coat looks gorgeous on her. 


So that concludes my take on the revived fur trend. I think it's great that I'm seeing it a lot more often now. Remembering our fashion icons Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, and Audrey Hepburn wearing amazing fur pieces makes me happy to see that this generation sees the beauty as well. 

Love, 
Lisa


3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a fur vest piece too! EEEK! I hope we can find one! Its either they look too fake/gaudy or are way to expensive )x

    I think fur pieces definitely are going to be a classic essential wardrobe piece (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The faux fur collar from artiz'! So lovely. I love both the twins style even though its so grandma-ish haha. I'm glad it's still in trend. I remember Rachel Zoe always wearing the faux fur vest with those 60s-70s sunglasses. So fashionable and classy. Great Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like faux fur looks, but when it comes to try it on myself i don´t know why i don´t like it.. iguess there´s a trend for everyone and this is just not mine.

    xx

    ReplyDelete