Jul 19, 2011

Makeup: Not as famous, but just as good!

Makeup is great for the fact that we get so many options whether it be eyeshadows, mascaras, primers, etc. I wanted to share some of my all time favorite products that I noticed aren't as popular as others (i.e. Urban Decay's Naked palette, Nars "Orgasm" blush).

1. Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara with Hydrofuge (Waterproof). 
I always rave about this mascara because it works so well for me, it's affordable ($6-8), and you can always find it in your local drugstore. It has this unique curved brush that is able to pick up every lash and leaves an even coat. It provides me with volume and a bit of length and the waterproof formula helps it hold a curl.


2. Smashbox Masquerade Eyeshadow Palette. 
This palette has everything from pigmented matte shades to shimmer to glitter. I like the soft consistency of the matte shades ranging from neutrals to fun purple and greens. The main reason why I LOVE this palette is because of the highlighting shades. The matte white and matte light peach colors are amazing and I hope they sell it in individual pots because I'm about to hit pan on those colors. Unfortunately I don't think this is available anymore at Sephora because it was a limited edition palette, but you can probably find it on sites like Amazon and Ebay. 

3. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Hydrating).
Primers are a must for any foundation user. To keep your foundation from melting off or smearing use a primer! I love this primer and this is my second tube of it. I use the hydrating one because my skin tends to be dry. It has a nice light consistency, not silicone like most primers. (*Looking for an eye primer? I'm sure you have all heard of the infamous Urban Decay Primer Potion! You won't go wrong with this one.)


What are some of your less famous favorite products? 
Love, 

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment