Jul 24, 2011

Amusement Parks: My recommendations

I love amusement parks. I love the attractions, the warm weather, and seeing all of the people coming out to enjoy the day with their friends and families. What I don't love is getting sweaty, tired legs, and smeared makeup. In this post I'll show you what I wore to my recent trip to the amusement park.



#1 The Outfit
Keep your outfit light and most importantly comfortable. You don't want to be overly dressed to the amusement parks or else it'll be a huge hassle every time you decide to go on a ride. (Plus, some amusement parks are charging for cubbies now...) So keep the purse on the lighter side, wear a cotton top, and shorts or khaki pants.

Fedora: Urban Outfitters
  
Old Navy White Blouse

Forever 21 shorts and UO Belt bag


#2 The Makeup
One word: SUNSCREEN. It is so important to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher when you're heading to places with scorching hot weather. My favorite sunscreen is Neutrogena's Dry Touch Sunblock. It doesn't leave your face oily/greasy like other sunscreens (i.e. Banana Boat). What I would also recommend is that you don't wear too much makeup. It will eventually sweat off no matter what because you will be in the sun all day and on top of that, you'll most likely go on a few water rides. If you must, I recommend wearing a tinted moisturizer and water proof mascara and a gel eyeliner. Products that I have shown and I would highly  recommend are: Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer, Maybelline Falsies Mascara, and MAC's Fluidline eyeliner in Blacktrack.


I hope you guys are having a great summer! And remember: Put on sunscreen! I had a blast that day and I'll be sure to talk about it in a separate post.

Love,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment